Visitor Rules & Policies
We want to ensure you and your fellow skaters visit is a safe and enjoyable one, so we ask that you read the following rules.
- For comfort and safety wear warm, suitable clothing that allows natural body movement and gloves
- Before stepping on the ice, please check your skates are fastened properly and any excess lace is tucked inside the boot and that blade guards are removed.
- Skaters must always skate anti-clockwise around the rink.
- Keep to the outside of the rink if you are a beginner.
- Listen and abide by the instructions issued by the Ice Arena Team.
- Watch where you are going – stay alert to your surroundings and other skaters.
- Look behind you before you stop/when practicing backward moves.
- Don’t skate at excessive speeds.
- Don’t skate in chains of three or more people.
- Don’t carry anyone on the ice.
- Don’t sit on or climb over the barrier or hang off the glass barrier.
- Don’t chip, spray or throw ice.
- Don’t eat or drink on the ice.
- Don’t drop litter on the ice.
- Don’t listen to music through personal head/ear phones when on the ice rink.
- Don’t use mobile phones, cameras/video recorders on the ice rink.
- Keep off the ice when it is being resurfaced.
- Don’t run around the ice rink/circulation areas.
- Don’t play tag games in the Ice Arena.
- Children under the age of 5 years of age must be accompanied on the ice rink at all times by an adult (aged over 16 years of age).
- Children under 10 years of age should be supervised by an adult (aged over 16 years of age) at all times. This includes attendance at casual and coached sessions, but excludes Childcare Services.
- After 8.00pm, children under the age of 12 will not be allowed entry into the facility unless accompanied by an adult (aged over 16 years of age).
For more information visit Tees Active Visitor Guidelines & Policies