Visitor Rules & Policies
We want to ensure you and your fellow skaters visit is a safe and enjoyable one, so we ask that you read the following rules.
- Children under the age of 5 must be accompanied on the ice at all times by a responsible person (aged 16 years and over).
- For comfort and safety, please wear warm clothing and gloves.
- Before stepping onto the ice, please check your boots are fastened properly and any excess lace is tucked safely inside the boot and that any blade guards are removed.
- Skaters must always skate anti-clockwise around the rink.
- Keep to the outside of the rink if you’re a beginner.
- Listen to and abide by any instructions issued by the Ice Arena staff.
- Watch where you are going.
- Look behind you before you stop/when practising backward movements.
- Don’t skate at excessive speeds.
- Don’t skate in chains of three or more people.
- Don’t carry anyone on the ice.
- Don’t sit on or climb over the barrier.
- Don’t chip, throw or spray ice.
- Don’t eat or drink on the ice.
- Don’t drop litter on the ice.
- Wear clothing suitable for the activity that allows natural body movement and gloves if necessary.
- Don’t listen to music through personal head/ear phones when on the ice.
- Don’t hang from the glass barrier sections.
- Children under 10 years of age should be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. This includes attendance at casual and coached sessions but excludes Childcare Services.
- After 8pm children under the age of 12 will not be allowed into the facility unless accompanied by a responsible person (aged 16 years +).
For more information visit Tees Active Visitor Guidelines & Policies